Private Yard Visits
We are happy to attend private yard visits subject to availability. We charge for travel time, fuel costs and the time we are at the yard working with clients. It may therefore be preferable for potential clients to either attend one of our clinics or travel to our yard where we are based in Bedfordshire (MK44 2DP)
We will provide a number of music tracks per pace for you to listen/ride to in advance to help us find the right music for you. Please note the number of tracks we send out does have to be limited otherwise there can just be too much choice! We usually find clients make their selection easily and swiftly based on the details recorded on the initial consultation form regarding musical likes and dislikes, or as a result of one of our clinics/private sessions. If more music choices are required over and above those initially sent out, we are happy to accommodate this but may charge an additional fee of £15 per pace (i.e. walk/trot/canter) for extra samples.
Payment for all services is required prior to undertaking any work. Details of charges can be found on our Prices page. Bookings for clinics will require a deposit.
Music Licensing Information
Phonographic Performance Limited (PPL) licence the transmission/performance of a recording. British Dressage have a licence with PPL, which will be sublicensed to the freestyle rider. This allows, with conditions, music in the PPL repertoire to be used in dressage routines at competition and for practice with (i.e. a public performance). The sub-licence form will be sent out by BD, along with stickers for the CD.
The Mechanical Copyright Protection Society Limited (MCPS) licence the physical copying of music (physically and digitally) needed to get music from a CD or iTunes (etc) into a dressage routine.
The Performing Rights Society (PRS) license composition of songs so, where PPL remunerate whoever owns and performed on a version of a song, PRS cover the rights of the composer.
Exclusivity and Copyright
Tracks used in the editing service are non-exclusive. Every attempt will be made to ensure that different tracks and combinations are used to maintain individuality for the client.
The copyright remains with the copyright owner and is not transferred to the client.
Personal information collected?
We collect two types of information from you:
Information you give us, which includes comments on our blog or messages you send us. We may use this information to deal with your enquiry and will never share this information with anyone. We collect some personal information for contact purposes via mobile, landline, email or social media. We ask permission from you to do this or we respond to requests made by you.
“Cookies” are small files your web browser transfers to your computer when you visit a site. They are widely used in order to make websites work and provide information to the owners of the site.
Some cookies are placed by third party services like Google and Facebook that appear on our pages.
Protection of your privacy
We do not take part in any marketing or advertising practises using cookies which identify you or your computer and we never share personally identifiable information with those outside of our business.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is:
- reasonably necessary to comply with the law
- to protect our rights and those of our users
We provide a confidential service to all clients. To request a full copy of my ethics policy, please use the contacts page.
Website Usage Terms & Conditions
The terms ‘Beat This Dressage To Music, ‘we’ or ‘us’ refer to the owner of the website.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of this website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licenced to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licenced to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales